Tickets and Offers
We would like to inform our passengers that ticketing is possible until 10 minutes prior itinerary’s departure.
Athens Suburban railway’s tickets are valid 1 hour prior and 2 hours after the departure time of the passenger’s itinerary as it is mentioned on the ticket.
Passengers have the possibility to change their tickets, at TRAINOSE sales points, until 23:59:59 of the departure date of the passenger’s itinerary as it is mentioned on the ticket.
The electronic tickets, re-chargeable at the sales points of TRAINOSE and OASA are excluded.
Restrictions of traveling due to Covid-19: Tickets issued with specific travel date can be exchanged with personalized vouchers, which are of equal value and valid for 1 year.
TRAINOSE pricing policy offers incentives for early bookings, ticket purchase through mobile application, and purchase of return tickets, as well as, special discounts to various passenger categories.
- 20% discount on return tickets, with a specified return date, rewarding our frequent travelers
- Up to 15% discount on tickets purchased prior to departure, rewarding passengers planning their trips ahead
- 10% discount for ticket purchase through mobile application (this discount is applied for a certain period of time)
- Considerable discounts up to 50% on Multiple Journey Cards, rewarding our loyal friends
- Discounts for groups
- 25% discount is offered to university students
- 50% discount is offered to university students for their transportation from the university to their residency
The above student discounts are valid for B’ class tickets and are granted upon presentation of a valid academic ID, which has been issued by a Greek university.
- Children up to age of 4 travel free if a separate seat is not wished
- Children up to age of 4 who travel with a separate seat and children from 4 to 12 years old are entitled to 50% discount
- 50% discount up to the age of 12
- 50% to persons with reduced mobility
- 25% discount is offered to military personnel
New, electronic re-chargeable ticket
Passengers can buy this ticket from all the TRAINOSE’s sales points in Attica.
This electronic ticket can be re-charged at the sales points of TRAINOSE and OASA and also at the automatic machines at the stations of Metro and the Electric Suburban line 1, with any ticket type of TRAINOSE and OASA.
It may be used on all suburban lines of TRAINOSE, on Metro Lines 2 and 3, on the Electric Suburban Line 1, and on urban Buses in the Athens’ area.