The bicycle transportation service is in accordance with Regulation 1371/2007 of the European Union according to which railway companies shall enable the bicycle transportation, provided that bicycles are easy to handle, the transport complies with the requirements of the specific service and the bicycles are transported in trains which have the space to transport them.
The bicycle transportation in the trains of TRAINOSE is as follows:
Α. In the long distance trains of TRAINOSE, bicycles are transported as registered luggage, in the luggage van, provided that there is enough capacity, in accordance with the existing Regulation of TRAINOSE, applicable to registered luggage:
- Athens-Thessaloniki route (IC trains 52, 54, 56, 58, 62, 53, 55, 57, 59, 63)
- Athens -Kalambaka – Athens route (trains 882-887)
A fare of 5€ per bicycle is charged. Up to 5 bicycles are accepted as registered luggage on each train.
Β. Up to 3 bicycles are accepted as hand luggage, on the trains of the following routes, without any charge, provided that there is enough capacity inside the coaches and the bicycles can be transported without annoying the others passengers:
- Athens – Chalkida
- Piraeus – International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» – Kiato – Aigio
- Athens – Lianokladi: trains 1520 ( runs Friday and Sunday) and 1521 (runs Saturday and Monday)
- Lianokladi – Stylida
- Larissa – Volos
- Palaeofarsalos – Kalambaka
- Larissa-Thessaloniki-Larissa on trains 1590, 2592, 2596, 1599, 2597, 2599 (from May to September the bicycle transportation is not possible on trains 2592, 1599 due to increased number of passengers).
- Thessaloniki-Platy-Florina, up to 2 bicycles due to increased number of passengers
- Alexandroupoli – Ormenio (only on certain trains)
- Suburban route of the city of Patras
The passenger-owner of the bicycle is solely responsible for the bicycle’s transportation and its placement in the coach as well as the security of the bicycle during the journey, in order also to avoid any damage to the rolling stock.
The placement of bicycles between the seats is not allowed.
C. Buses of Trainose
The transportation of one (1) foldable bicycle is possible in each route, without any charge. The passenger-owner of the bicycle is responsible for the whole procedure of the bicycle transportation.
The bicycle should be placed in a suitable storage case and the bicycle dimensions should be up to 100 x 60 x 25 cm.
During the journey the bicycle is placed in the luggage space of the bus.
On the following touristic trains bicycles are not accepted:
Ano Lekhonia-Milee route (train of Pelion)
Diakofto- Kalavryta route (Rack railway)