The bicycle transportation service is in accordance with Regulation 1371/2007 of the European Union according to which railway companies shall enable the bicycle transportation, provided that bicycles are easy to handle, the transport complies with the requirements of the specific service and the bicycles are transported in trains which have the space to transport them.
The bicycle transportation in the trains of TRAINOSE is as follows:
Α. In the long distance trains of TRAINOSE, bicycles are transported as registered luggage, in the luggage van, provided that there is enough capacity, in accordance with the existing Regulation of TRAINOSE, applicable to registered luggage:
- Athens-Thessaloniki route (trains IC50, IC52, IC54, IC56, IC58, IC51, IC53, IC55, IC57, IC59)
From 09.11.2020, due to travel restrictions, only the trains IC52,53,56,57 circulate on the route Athens-Thessaloniki-Athens
- Athens -Kalambaka – Athens route (trains 884-885)-The itineraries are suspended from 17.11.2020
A fare of 5€ per bicycle is charged. Up to 5 bicycles are accepted as registered luggage on each train.
Β. Up to 3 bicycles are accepted as hand luggage, on the trains of the following routes, without any charge, provided that there is enough capacity inside the coaches and the bicycles can be transported without annoying the others passengers:
- Piraeus –International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» – Kiato – Aigio
- Lianokladi – Stylida (itineraries suspended)
- Larisa- Volos
- Larisa-Thessaloniki-Larisa on trains 1590, 1595, 2592, 2596, 2591, 2599, 590,591 (from 04.11.2020 bicycles can be transported on trains 1590, 1593, 2592, 2595)
From May to September the bicycle transportation is not possible on trains 1595, 2591, 2592 590 and 591 due to increased number of travelers
- Thessaloniki-Platy-Florina (up to 2 bicycles are accepted due to increased number of passengers)
- Thessaloniki-Kalambaka, on trains 1595, 2596, 590, 591, from Thessaloniki-Palaiofarsalos and vice versa (from 04.11.2020, due to travel restrictions, the itineraries 1595, 2596, 590, 591 are suspended)
From May to September the bicycle transportation is not possible on trains 1595, 590 and 591 due to increased number of travelers
- Alexandroupoli – Ormenio (only on certain trains)
- Katakolo-Pyrgos-Olympia (itineraries suspended)
- Suburban route of the city of Patras
The passenger-owner of the bicycle is solely responsible for the bicycle’s transportation and its placement in the coach as well as the security of the bicycle during the journey, in order also to avoid any damage to the rolling stock.
The placement of bicycles between the seats is not allowed.
C. Buses of Trainose
The transportation of one (1) foldable bicycle is possible in each route, without any charge. The passenger-owner of the bicycle is responsible for the whole procedure of the bicycle transportation.
The bicycle should be placed in a suitable storage case and the bicycle dimensions should be up to 100 x 60 x 25 cm.
During the journey the bicycle is placed in the luggage space of the bus.
On the following touristic trains bicycles are not accepted:
Ano Lekhonia-Milee route (train of Pelion)
Diakofto- Kalavryta route (Rack railway)
TRAINOSE Call Centre by calling number 14511, charged when calling from a landline in Greece 0,646€/min, and 0,984€/min when calling from a mobile phone, with an additional mobile phone tax of 12% to 20%, depending on the monthly bill, VAT not included.Operating hours 6:00-23:00 daily.
The special customer support line at 0030 213 0 121 121. Operating hours 08.30-13.30 on working days (Monday to Friday).