Patras Suburban Railway
From Saturday 10.10.2020 TRAINOSE S.A. offers new upgraded services to passengers, with frequent and direct connections, between the lines:
- Agios Andreas – Patra – Rio – Patra – Agios Andreas
- Agios Andreas – Kaminia – Agios Andreas
- Bus connections from Kastelokampos to University and Hospital, and from Kastelokampos to Agios Basileios
Timetables are attached.
The Patras Suburban railway runs every hour daily, from 6:30 in the morning until 23:23 in the evening. It connects the city’s two ends, from Agios Andreas to Rio and Agios Vasileios, offering a fast and comfortable transportation by-passing the city’s traffic.
Also, with integrated tickets and cards at low prices, the Suburban service carries passengers fast and affordably to the Hospital of Rio and the University of Patras, by transfer at Kastellokampos, facilitating thus the daily commute of students, workers and travellers.
Tickets and Multiple journey cards
- From 06.07.2020 until 31.10.2020, Trainose S.A. applies an affordable ticket price of 1,4€ (discounted ticket 1,00€), valid for any transportation of the same direction, within one, two or three of the following zones:
A’ zone: Agios Vasileios – Agios Andreas
B’ zone: Patra/Agios Andreas – Tsoukaleika
C’ zone: Tsoukaleika – Kato Achaia
The discounted ticket is valid for students, pupils, children (4 – 12 years old), young people (12-24 years old), multi members family, adults (+65 years old).
- The following price table is valid only for transportation within A’ zone (Agios Vasileios – Agios Andreas)
|Multiple Journey Card||Price €|
|Multiple Trips Monthly Card||25.00|
|Discounted Multiple Trips Monthly Card, valid for students, pupils, children (4-12 years old), young people (12-24 years old), adults (+65 years old), disabled, multi- member families.||15.00|
|Multiple Trips Annual Card||240.00|
|Discounted Multiple Trips Annual Card, valid for for students, pupils, children (4-12 years old), young people (12-24 years old), adults (+65 years old),disabled, multi- member families.||120.00|
- Travel free of charge for children up to the age of 4.
- Return tickets are double the one way ticket price
- There is an option to purchase a 6-month and a 3-month multiple journey card (regular and discount).
Issuing ticket or Multiple Journey Card
Passengers, who wish to issue multiple journey cards for traveling by Patras’ Suburban Railway or electronic tickets for traveling by TRAINOSE’s trains in Greece, are kindly requested to contact the sales points at Patras, Agios Andreas and Rio railway stations.
Passengers, who wish to travel by Patras Suburban Railway, are able to obtain their tickets from Patras, Agios Andreas and Rio railway stations, as well from co-operating sales points as referred below:
|Agios Andreas||Kiosk||Korinthou 334|
|Agios Andreas||Kiosk||Korinthou and Smirnis|
|Agios Andreas||Kiosk||Trion Navarhon and Maizonos|
|Agios Andreas||Kiosk||Vouth Square|
|Agios Andreas||Kiosk||Agiou Ioannou Pratsika & Araxou|
|Ayia||Kiosk||Agiou Konstantinou 68|
|Bozaitika||Mini-market||Digeni Akrita 34|
|Bozaitika||Bakery-Candy shop||Panepistimiou & Nestoros 1|
|Bozaitika||Gift Shop||Highway Patras-Athens 158|
|Panahaiki||Kiosk||Ellinos Stratioti & Lefkosias|
|Agios Vasileios||Mini-market||A. Papandreou 120|
|Agios Vasileios||Mini-market||Agiou Vasileiou 14|
|Rio||Mini-market||Megalou Alexandrou 1|
|Rio||Kiosk||near the Town Hall|
|Rio||Kiosk||near the Hospital|
|Antheias||Kiosk||Antheias & Efdimou|
|Ities||Kiosk||Akti Dimeon 126|
|Patra beach||Mini-market||Martiou 25th|
|Mindilogli||Restaurant Le Coq||Patras-Pyrgos Hihgway 3|
|Vrachneika||busybee-SNACK BAR||Patras-Pyrgos Hihgway 177|
|Tsoukaleika||Mini-market-Cafeteria||Patras-Pyrgos Hihgway 588|
|Alyssos||Restaurant||19 km Patras-Pyrgos Hihgway|
|Kato Achaia||Kiosk||Papagiannopoulou sqr|
|Kato Achaia||Mini-market||Patras-Pyrgos Hihgway 29|
Due to the infrastructure projects, rail transport on the line ” Ag. Vasileios – Rio” has been replaced by a bus from 26.03.2019 as follows:
- Ag. Vasileios-Kastelokampos: The bus departs every hour at xx:45, first bus 06:45-last bus 22:45
- Kastelokampos-Ag. Vasileios: The bus departs every hour at xx:05, first bus 07:00-last bus 23:00
A presentation of either a valid ticket or a monthly multiple journey card (both valid for travelling by Patras’ Suburban Railway), is necessary for boarding the bus.