The bicycle transportation service is in accordance with Regulation 1371/2007 of the European Union according to which railway companies shall enable the bicycle transportation, provided that bicycles are easy to handle, the transport complies with the requirements of the specific service and the bicycles are transported in trains which have the space to transport them.
The bicycle transportation in the trains of TRAINOSE is as follows:
Α. Long distance trains in the composition of which a luggage van is incorporated:
- Athens-Thessaloniki-Alexandroupoli route (trains IC50, IC52, IC54, IC56, IC58, IC51, IC53, IC55, IC57, IC59 600/600A, 601/601A, IC90 και IC91), and
- Athens-Kalambaka-Athens route (trains 884-885)
In the long distance trains of TRAINOSE bicycles are transported as registered luggage, in the luggage van, in accordance with the existing Regulation of TRAINOSE, applicable to registered luggage. A fare of 5€ per bicycle is charged.
Up to 5 bicycles are accepted as registered luggage on each train, provided that there is capacity in the luggage vans.
Β. On the following Railway Routes:
- Piraeus –International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» – Kiato
- Lianokladi – Stylida
- Larisa- Volos
- Larisa-Thessaloniki-Larisa (from May to September the bicycle transportation is not possible on trains 1594, 590, 1598 and 591 due to increased number of travelers)
- Thessaloniki-Platy-Florina (up to 2 bicycles are accepted due to increased number of passengers)
- Alexandroupoli – Ormenio (only on certain trains)
- Suburban route of the city of Patras
Up to 3 bicycles are accepted as hand luggage on the trains of these routes without any charge, provided that there is enough capacity inside the coaches and the bicycles can be transported without annoying the others passengers.
The passenger-owner of the bicycle is solely responsible for the bicycle’s transportation and its placement in the coach as well as the security of the bicycle during the journey, in order also to avoid any damage to the rolling stock.
The placement of bicycles between the seats is not allowed.
C. Buses of Trainose
The transportation of one (1) foldable bicycle is possible in each route, without any charge. The passenger-owner of the bicycle is responsible for the whole procedure of the bicycle transportation.
The bicycle should be placed in a suitable storage case and the bicycle dimensions should be up to 100 x 60 x 25 cm.
During the journey the bicycle is placed in the luggage space of the bus.
On the following touristic trains bicycles are not accepted:
Ano Lehonia-Milies route (train of Pelion)
Diakofto- Kalavryta route (Rack railway)
TRAINOSE Call Centre by calling number 14511, charged when calling from a landline in Greece 0,646€/min, and 0,984€/min when calling from a mobile phone, with an additional mobile phone tax of 12% to 20%, depending on the monthly bill, VAT not included.Operating hours 6:00-23:00 daily.
The special customer support line at 0030 213 0 121 121. Operating hours 08.30-13.30 on working days (Monday to Friday).